Post installation problem on NSLU2

Hi all,
I have installed debian to NSLU2 using unofficial d-i images from
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/. Installation was ok (closing ssh I have fixed by
activating swap from console and echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory).
After installation I can't connect to my slug anymore. I have found problem
with allow-hotplug eth0 and I have change this to auto eth0. I don't have USB
NIC, so I relly on internal ethernet, so I have created script to load
ethernet microcode:

----
#!/bin/sh

device='/dev/ixp4xx_ucode'
firmware='/lib/firmware/NPE-B'

if [ ! -e "$device" ]; then
	mknod $device c 10 184
fi

for module in ixp4xx_mac ixp4xx_qmgr ixp4xx_npe; do
	modprobe $module
done

cat $firmware > $device

/bin/dmesg > /root/dmesg

/bin/true
----

I am calling this script from interfaces pre-up directive. But it doesn't help.
/root/dmesg is not created and network is not working. I can connect to the
redboot bootloader (in 2s window on start). When slug boots, then all leds are
blinking from the top to bottom and then ready is amber and ethernet is green.
Disk leds are off.

I have connected 120G usb hdd to disk 1 port. When slug starts I see access to
this disk for short time (usb disk led is on).

/dev/sda1 is swap and /dev/sda2 is ext3 root filesystem.

What can be wrong?

--
Jezz
www:    http://phoenix.inf.upol.cz/~jezberam