apex-nslu2-1.4.14

I pushed a new version of APEX into the archive today.  It has the
patches from rwhitby's repo, bug fixes for two Debian bugs, and a new
application for writing the environment from user-mode.

I've verified that this new binary will boot my etch slug.

There is another new feature, boot variants.  If you hold the power
button when apex is starting, the first led will turn red indicating
that the boot alternative has been selected.  APEX then selects the
alternative versions of the startup, kernelsrc, ramdisksrc, and kernel
command line variables.  The default is to use the same values defined
for the default boot mode.  The user-mode program can change these
values.

Cheers.