GLAN Tank: request_module: runaway loop modprobe net-pf-1 and modules.dep

Hi Martin

I'm still getting the following boot log messages with 2.6.23-1-iop32x
(Debian 2.6.23-1~experimental.1) [1]:

request_module: runaway loop modprobe net-pf-1

A web search for the first message reveals this thread [2] and this
commit [3], but I don't see a resolution to the problem. I also can't
find a related bug report on bugzilla.kernel.org. Do you know what the
problem is and is it worth submitting an upstream bug report?

I also get many copies of directly after the message above. Is this
related? What causes these messages?
/lib/modules/2.6.23-1-iop32x/modules.dep does exist.

modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.23-1-iop32x/modules.dep: No such file or directory

Gordon

[1] http://www.pastebin.ca/801322
[2] http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/21/206
[3] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=dfff0a0671baf4e69fc676bf8150635407548288