Re: mpich build failure
* [Adam C Powell IV]
> mpich has not been building on ARM for the past month or so, stopping at
> the C++ static->shared lib linking moment:
> Any ideas on what might be different on ARM such that this is failing?
Broken autobuilder chroot?
I tried (roughly) the following procedure on my nslu2 running etch:
1. install a sid chroot using debootstrap
2. install build-essential with deps
3. add a regular user (oysteivi)
4. # apt-get build-dep mpich
5. $ apt-get source mpich
6. $ cd mpich-1.2.7 && dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc
This attempt at building the source in a fairly pristine chroot resulted
in what seems like a successful build and the following packages:
No armel trickery was involved. This is plan debian arm. Seems like a
"works for me".
I'm not nearly a DD, so these packages will get to rot on my disk
without further distribution unless somebody should express a specific
interest in them.
PHP: the wu-ftpd of www.