RE: I'm at a loss running Debian

About this kernel option, can someone provide me some details for
nslu2-debian how to do that, and is it necessary, or is it enough to do the
update-initramfs -u and after that the flash-kernel command ?

I tried the /dev/disk/by-uuid/xxx thing, and together with that, i started
with both drives (usb-stick & harddrive) attached, All went well till the
reboot ... It just won't work with the external harddrive connected at
boottime ... The difference is, that i can unplug it and reboot the nslu2
and afterwards re-attach it, in this manner, it boots up fine, but this
can't be the right thing to keep doing in the future ...

Maybe it was a bit too much in my first post, so i'm gonna ask it again
specifically, does someone have experience in cloning a usb-flash stick with
programs like ghost or acronis, and put such an image back ??

I tried it, and it doesn't work, although I can browse the contents of the
ghost file perfectly ... Or is it maybe a problem with the .bin file that I
flashed to the slug ??  I made such a .bin file with the cat /dev/mtdblock*
> backup.bin command ...  Although both things should be o.k., the slug
won't boot up after flashing the .bin file back to the slug & the ghost file
to the memory stick !

A quick question, I've put my swapfile on my external harddrive, but after
10 minutes of inactivity this drive goes into standby, will this give
problems to the slug using the swapfile ?  As there will be a short delay
for the drive to boot-up ?  And I don't wont to wear down my flashdrive, by
repeatedly writing to it ...

If this swapfile on the harddrive procedure won't work in my case, I guess
there's nothing left than fatten the slug, isn't it ???

Kind regards,

Bart