Re: NSLU2 clock drift

Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> On 5/18/07, Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> wrote:
>> my NSLU2 (266 MHz) has a problem with timekeeping. I run ntp, but it
>> doesn't
>> help - the clock drifts at least fifteen minutes a day. Did I miss
>> something obvious? My kernel is 2.6.20-1-ixp4xx.
>
> I'll have a look at this issue this weekend. Maybe something has
> changed in 2.6.20, because 2.6.18 keeps time AFAIK.

You will need this patch:

<http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/kernel/trunk/patches/2.6.20/89-nslu2-mv-freq-fixup.patch>

to get the NSLU2 timekeeping correct again on 2.6.20.  Something changed
in the kernel timer support which meant that the old frequency fixup
didn't work any more.  This is all due to the non-standard 33.0000MHz
crystal in the NSLU2 (most ixp4xx devices use 33.3333MHz).

When in doubt as to NSLU2 kernel support, your first port of call should
be the nslu2-linux kernel svn repository for which you can find the Trac
interface at:

http://trac.nslu2-linux.org/kernel/

-- Rod Whitby
-- NSLU2-Linux Project Lead