apt-get not working properly?

I regularly run "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" once a week or so to keep the installed packages on my slug up to date. For the past few weeks, however, apt-get hasn't responded with an packages that need updating. This is quite strange to me because it always used to find at least a few packages every week. It appears to check security.debian.org and mirrors.kernel.org for etch updates, etc. The slug is running the 2.6.18-4-ixp4xx kernel and version 0.6.46.4-0.1 of apt. The behavior seems to have started after I installed the 2.6.18-4-ixp4xx kernel on March 27th. Any ideas on what the problem, if any, might be? How do I fix this?

--Tom