Re: NSLU2 debian Stable 4.0r0 problem with external disk

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your help!

I was surprised that the enclosure was working under the Linksys firmware
but not the Debian firmware.
When I discovered the enclosure used the Genesys chipset I did some searches
on the Internet for information on this device's compatibility with Linux. I
found some posts similar to the one you mentioned but these were several
years old and I was hoping support would have been available by now.

Regarding your suggestion to "connect the USB drive to a x86 based PC
running Debian":
I only have virtual machines which are no use in this case and my old PC
which runs Debian is not USB2 capable.

I might just replace the enclosure which I bought a number of years ago and
never really used until now.
I was thinking of one of the "icy dock" models. I've seen mostly positive
reviews and no negative review about these devices so far.

Anyway
Thanks again for your help.
DM