Re: Building armel glibc-2.5

On 3/20/07, Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk> wrote:
On 2007-03-20 11:26 +0000, Wookey wrote:
> On 2007-03-19 14:29 +0100, Hector Oron wrote:
> > >Did you
> > >set the target triple correctly?
> >
> > Well, i'm trying to do it using the Debian Way... I issue this command:
> > # env DEB_CROSS_BOOTSTRAP=yes dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot -aarmel
> > -b -d
>
> This doesn't work for -aarm either, so I conclude that the debian
> cross bootstrap mechanism is broken. Possibly because there are slind
> patches that simply never made it into debian proper.

Answering my own post - no they aren't in debian proper, so it's no
surprise that this doesn't work :-)

The DEB_CROSS_BOOTSTRAP stuff is in glibc2.3.2.ds1 in slind sources.
Yes, because previously cross-toolchains used to be built with
natively compiled glibc (not a proper 3-stage build). This
DEB_CROSS_BOOTSTRAP was introduced to address this issue, i.e. to
indicate the bootstrap stage. Btw, credit for the name of this
variable goes to Vartan, not me. :)

Comments suggest it is also done for 2.3.6 and 2.4 in slind git
repository but my git-foo is insufficient to actually find the
relevant sources.
I do some uploads and pushes to slind.org's repository in lazy
background mode, so keep on visiting the git.slind.org page. If you
need some quick answers on git, just ask me.

Regards,
--
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.