Re: Source code for debian-arm NSLU2

Hi Sigfried

On 3/14/07, siegfried <siegfried@heintze.com> wrote:
I just discovered  http://www.slug-firmware.net/d-dls.php
and downloaded the binary. However, when I click on the source code link, it
takes me to http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/.
Is this a mistake? Or is there some place on this page that contains the
source code used to compile the debian-arm for NSLU2 and I'm just missing
it?

I'm not convinced that you want to compile the installer. What about
the binary installer image do you want to change ? The installer just
gives you an image which you temporarily write to the NSLU2 flash.
During installation, this installer image gets overwritten by the
Debian kernel and initramfs. The rest of the Debian installation gets
written to your hard drive, i.e. Debian/NSLU2 requires a hard drive.
Debian does not fit into the NSLU2 flash like SlugOS/BE.

If you actually do want to compile the installer, here are some links
that may help, but stress that I'm not convinced that this is what you
want.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/talks/debconf6/paper/
http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/my_debian-installer_test_methods.html
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/BuildImage

BTW, I hope that you saw my response to your email about Debian in nslu2-linux.

Gordon

--
Gordon Farquharson