Re: arm eabi port, patches

On 2007-02-22 18:47 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 15:33:35 +0000, ext Wookey wrote:

> > > I've rebased this patch for dpkg 1.13.25 and it seems to work OK. (I'm
> > > currently building an emdebian armel cross-toolchain with it.)
>
> For some reason I failed to see this previous mail with the patch. Now
> skimming over it I see that at least the arch.m4 change is wrong, it
> should not be needed anymore, would have to check the rest.

Well spotted. That is indeed the offending bit. dpkg-architecture now seems to give
the right answers.

That has revealed that dpkg-cross needed armel support, which I've done,
but that raises some questions about definitive arch-names, and
dpkg-architecture -L. I'll post another mail about that.

And that reveals some problems in the existing gcc-4.1-4.1.1ds2 patch
(armel/armeb are used as a CPU name in rules.def, but they aren't so
the wrong things try to get built). I've fixed that, and will post
all three patches once a finished cross-compiler pops out with no further probs.

> Unfortunately I'll not go to FOSDEM this year.

There was no Lennert either (SFAICS). Despite these lacks it was still
excellent.

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/

believed to be clean.