Re: armel kernels..

On Friday 23 February 2007 21:40, Joey Hess wrote:
> A little while ago Lennert and I built some armel kernel packages, and I
> think someone reported one of them didn't work. In fact, it turns out
> most had not been built with eabi support due to a snafu. This is now
> corrected with the current kernel packages in the armel archive, thanks
> to Lennert, and I'm actually running said armel kernel on my slug now,
> with an armel userland, so I'm quite sure it works.
>
> BTW, I will have a d-i for armel, including the slug, fairly soon. Doing
> the last few test installs and fixes now.

Excellent: I never got my Slug running with armel (have other priorities at
the moment). It booted the kernel and was running init scripts but just
wouldn't run any daemons, for some reason. I was in the process of printing
various debug messages to log files but I've other stuff on now.

A proper installer version would be great, though.

Cheers,

Laz