Re: Continued existance of armeb?

Hi,

We are core@armeb.net, a group that is unofficially porting sid to
(non-EABI) armeb, in parallel, but independently from the official
port, managed by Wouter Verhelst and Adreas Barth. None of us is
a DD.

We have been compiling sid through 2006 on a number of buildds,
from debian source, using our own wanna-build-database and manually
managed repositories (we are still trying dak, but still no much
progress with it). We are using standard (to the best of my knowledge)
buildd setup, with a small change --- gcc and g++ are linked to a
frontend in /usr/local/bin; the frontend calls distcc, so that
compilation is done on faster i386. All the other phases of the
build (confuration, c/c++ preprocessing, linking, self-tests) are
done natively on armeb platforms (NSLU2, NAS-100d, enp2611).
Toolset used comes from official port, updated with packages we
have built.

We have reached 80+% of sid, are now back at about 75%. Packages
built are at

http://master.armeb.net/debian-armeb-cross/dists/unstable/
mirrored from
http://vel.homedns.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/

(these sites are currently not updated with latest packages, and
are generally quite messy, because of the manual management).

We have also built packages from 31r4, with toolset from 31r0 port
be Lennert and Derek, up to 91.74% (sarge-security not included);
these are not made public (yet).

We are also trying etch, but as we don't really have a good etch
toolset, effort there is in its initial phase.

In case anybody cares, we can make public build-logs, packages,
local wanna-build output and locally patched source. Help with
dak is very welcome, too. We would be very glad if debian would
revise what we have done and maybe even accept our
(cross-compiled) packages into official.

PS: this mail has not been explicitly approved by the group. I do
hope the group accepts it.