Re: apex-1.3.31 and sercomm flash header

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 01:16:18AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> The other thing I'm still not clear about is how to modify the APEX
> environment from within Linux.  Basically, I'll need to update the
> kernel cmd line (in particular, root=) after the installation so it's
> possible to boot from disk.

This is documented in the APEX source in a program called
usr/printenv.c.

APEX has a data structure near the top of the image that includes
pointers to the environment as well as the structures within it to get
the default strings as well as descriptions of the supported
environment variables.  Once you have this data, you should be able to
find the offset of the environment region in flash and write what you
need to write.