Re: apex-1.3.31 and sercomm flash header

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2006-08-05 00:44]:
> >   1) We *must* put the second stage, whatever it is, at the same
> >      address in flash, 0x60000.
>
> Yes, that's right.  In addition to this requirement, it seems that the
> FIS entry at 0x60000 has to be 8 blocks in size.
> Given that the loader/APEX partition has to be 8 blocks (1048576
> bytes)

BTW, I suppose this may be a problem for the NSLU2 people (but not for
Debian) because they cannot afford to waste flash space.

I thought of putting both APEX and the Linux kernel in one partition
and have APEX read the offset of the Linux kernel from the end of the
partition but I fear that this won't work either because the partition
can probably not be *longer* than 8 blocks either (but I haven't tested
this).
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/