Re: APEX and Debian

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 11:55:00AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:

> We also need to preserve the last block (128KiB), which holds the
FIS directory, a 100+KiB unused area (we were considering using that
to store the NPE microcode if we couldn't use the copy already in
RedBoot, but we could also use that for the APEX configuration area if
it is able to be in the middle of an erase block and preserve data
before and after it) and the SerComm Trailer which must be in place
for the SerComm upgrade tool and RedBoot first stage loader to work.

I noticed that after I sent the last email.  Yeah, we need to keep
that around for the time being.

We could recover some of that space, but we may not need to.  It's one
erase block, 128KiB, which always seems like a lot to waste on a
handful of bytes.

Cheers.