Re: Debian ARM success story: Debian desktop on a TS-7300

Hi Andrew,

I don't know much about the FPGA.  I do know that Technologic Systems pre-programs it to contain the ability to drive some of the components on the board, like
-the vga port (one must simply use the fb driver of x.org).  That is to say, there is no video chipset on the TS-7300.  That is to say, the video hardware is implimented in the FPGA, so I guess you could say it sort of has firmware-based video.
-one of the two RJ45 ethernet jacks.
-all the serial ports one could use (many are accessible via various pins on the board).
-etc.

I haven't personally programmed the FPGA and I'm not sure how.  If I did know how, the first thing I would want to do is improve the video to be able to do 800x600, or (gasp) 1024x768.

Cheers,