Re: debian arm on nslu2

On Thu, 4 May 2006 14:17:06 +0200
Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:38:50AM -0300, Christoph Simon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just installed debian in a NSLU2. Now, I would like to get
> > bluetooth to work. I've done this already on a common desktop box, but
> > here, I'm unable to find the modules. I've installed and re-installed
> > linux-image-2.6-nslu2 but can't find any module like bluez, usb-hci,
> > rfcomm.
> >
> > Is there another way to get these modules?

No hint for me her?

> > Another question is, that since I installed debian, loadavg is never
> > less than 1.0; even if I leave the thing running for hours without
> > doing anything,
> >
> > 	baco$ ssh slug uptime
> > 	 09:00:04 up 2 days, 10:18,  0 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00
> >
> > Is this normal?
>
> Check whether you have any process stuck in 'D' state (i.e., in
> uninterruptible sleep). If you do, then that's what's going on.
>
> Whether it is a problem would depend on what process this is and whether
> you need it. It most certainly is a bug, however.

Yes, there is one, and as Martin Michlmayr pointed out, it seem to be
related to the proprietary ethernet driver. This line is from top

  734 root      15   0     0    0    0 D  0.0  0.0   0:00.90 IxOsal 1

It didn't call my attention for showing 0% CPU and 0% MEM. As it
seem's I'll have to live with that.

Thanks,

--
Cris.