debian-installer support for RiscPC - volunteers wanted

In February I asked which platforms debian-installer on ARM should
support [1].  A number of people were interested in RiscPC support.
RiscPC was supported in the past but nobody maintained that support
for sarge.  At the moment, there's a 2.6 kernel in the archive and no
debian-installer support at all.  I looked into RiscPC support a
little while ago but don't have time to work on this.  This is
therefore a call for volunteers.  If you want to see RiscPC support in
etch, please consider getting involved.  I can give some advice on the
debian-installer changes that are needed but I don't have time to work
on it myself (neither do I have hardware).

Very roughly, the following needs to be done:
  - The RiscPC kernel in Debian needs to be tested
    (linux-image-2.6.16-1-rpc).  It's unknown whether it actually
    works.  Apparently a patch for RTC support might be needed.

  - d-i needs to be taught about RiscPC in various places; most of
    this is trivial.  One problem is that RiscPC has at least 4
    different partition formats, something which I believe d-i
    doesn't support.  I'd just start with MS-DOS partition format
    since this is supported.

  - A "boot loader" needs to be written: basically a shell script that
    mounts the adfs partition, looks for !linux and creates a proper
    configuration file that'll boot Debian.

  - Various hardware (SCSI/IDE extension cards) need to be tested.

Anyone interested?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2006/02/msg00000.html
--
Martin Michlmayr