Re: EABI with gcc-4.1 and glibc-2.4cvs

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 05:58:55PM +0200, Pjotr Kourzanov wrote:
>  It turns out that the binaries I've built with the latest
> gcc (4.1.0-1) and glibc (2.4cvs) do not work with 2.6.17-rc1
> (EABI enabled) on OMAP:-(

>  I get a weird error indicating a failing mmap:

> Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-minimal.c: 84: __libc_memali gn:
> Assertion `page != ((void *) -1)'
> failed!

>  Riku, I've heard you managed to build a working rootfs with
> CodeSourcery toolchain... Which glibc version did you use and on
> which platform?

The glibc I used was the glibc 2.3.5(?) with codesourcery's patches that
add both EABI support and shims to translate EABI syscalls to oldabi calls
(so that the glibc works with pre-eabi kernels). Your error does not
look familiar, but I haven't tested glibc 2.4 yet. Also, I've only used
kernels on omap upto 2.6.16-omap1.

Cheers,
Riku