Re: Request for information about ARM dev. Boards

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 10:12:52AM -0800, Muhammad Tanveer Aslam wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>   I need an ARM9 development board
>
> 1  CPU  Samsung S3C2410X
> 2  ROM  1 MB AMD Flash ROM 64M Samsung Nand Flash R (can be extendable)
> 3  RAM  64Mbytes SDRAM,133MHz
> 4  LAN  10M Ethernet,RJ-45
> 5  SERIAL  一个DB9
> 6  USB  USB Host A)  USB Slave B
> 7  Audio
> 8  RTC  32.768KHz
> 9  JTAG  20pin(2.0mm)
> 10  SD Card
> 11  LED  4
> 12  Keypad  4keypads
> 13  Switch  1
> 14  Reset  1
> 15  Power 1 +5V
> 16  Fixed Hole  6
> 17  Color LCD.
>
> how much its costs, and from where cani buy it.
> please tell me the dev. boards cost 250$ or less then 250$ USD

Your list looks like you already picked a very specific system.  The arm
platform hardly qualifies as generic, and each system is rather
different, other than sharing the same instruction set and hence user
space software.  The kernel tends to need customization to each
platform.

When I was doing work with an arm board (before giving up on it due to
defective pci bus controller), the development system we got was around
$1500.  That also included the cost of providing support while doing
our own work with the platform.  Perhaps things like the intel boards
cost less.  I have no idea who uses samsung CPUs.

This list is of course targeted at making debian run on various arm
based systems.

Len Sorensen