Re: debian-installer rc1 for NSLU2 available

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 06:06:04PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> Information:
>
>  - Installation instructions for the Linksys NSLU2 can be found at:
>    http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html
>
> Plans for the future:
>
>  - 2.6.18-4 will feature the new GPL Ethernet driver written by
>    Christian Hohnstaedt. (Integrated by Michael-Luke Jones for
>    NSLU2-Linux and tested for Debian by Gordon Farquharson and me)
>
>  - 2.6.18-4 will have LEDs support.
>
> In summary:
>
>  - If you want to install Debian on a fresh NSLU2, please follow the
>    instructions at http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

Didn't work very well initially: had to reflash the Linksys firmware and
then use the upgrade from the web panel - this is on a NSLU2 which has
been flashed several times, however :)

>  - If you want to upgrade your Debian system installed with beta 2
>    (released in March) to a modern kernel, please follow the
>    instructions at http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/upgrade.html
>    to upgrade to 2.6.17.

That did work well on the other Slug, cross-grading from DebianSlug but
the LED's appear to be stuck - at least one is permanently red :(
Will be reflashed once I'm sure that this procedure works fine.
I may wait for 2.18-4 for the free Ethernet driver, however :)

All the best - many thanks for all your hard work and personal help.

Andy