Re: How to enable usbfs on NSLU2 running Debian 2.6.15-1-nslu2

* Kevin Price <KevinP@web.de> [2006-05-14 21:45]:
> @Danny: As far as I know it's the Kernel compile option
> CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS that is missing. Essentialy that keeps you from
> using the USB from userland, for instance as a CUPS printer server
> -- or even plain "lsusb". (Please correct me if I'm wrong) This
> seems to be a rather bad idea on a device that was entirely designed
> as a link between ethernet and USB.

Just for the record, CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS is now set in new kernels.
Please upgrade: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/upgrade.html

> @tbm: Thanks very much for the work so far and the excellent
> instructions at http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/ . Could you
> please enable that option in future NSLU2 kernels, as well as
> CONFIG_IPV6, which is completely missing.

This is also done now.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/