Re: performance comparison of ARM 266 MHz vs i386 800 MHz

Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 10:30:29AM +0100, Catalin Marinas wrote:
>> Bill Allombert <ballombe@master.debian.org> wrote:
>> > As far as I remember, ARM has no 32x32->32 unsigned multiply and no
>> > 32x32->64 multiply. Am I wrong ?
>>
>> MUL   is 32x32->32 both signed and unsigned
>>
>> In architectures 4 and above:
>>
>> UMULL is 32x32->64 unsigned
>> SMULL is 32x32->64 signed
>
> Excellent! Is that supported by the ABI used by Debian ?

See Wookey's response.

> Do you have a link to the ARM assembly specification ?

It is in the ARM Architecture Reference Manual. ARM doesn't provide
this for download on www.arm.com but the technical reference CD is
provided for free (and there is also the book on Amazon). Otherwise,
you can Google for other places to download it from (it looks like
Altera has it -
http://www.altera.com/literature/third-party/ddi0100e_arm_arm.pdf,
though it is not the latest version with ARMv6 documentation).

--
Catalin