From: Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 00:58:32 +0300
To: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-embedded@lists.debian.org
Subject: debian-arm bug squashing party 13.10-15.10.2006

Hi,

Despite all the insanity going over voting in Debian, we are still
committed on Etch release in december. Currently the arm port has trouble
keeping up[1] with the rest of ports.

We have a list of packages failing to build on arm[2], mostly at the
maybe-failed section. Most of the issues are not arm-specific, or
might just be temporary problems because some build-dep hasn't compiled
yet. But we have lots of real issues waiting for fixing as well.

Therefor, we have decided to gather 13.10.2006-15.10.2006 on #debian-arm
at irc.debian.org, ie the next weekend. This is at the same time as
the munchen BSP[3], so you migh consider hanging out at #debian-bugs
and following the normal BSP guidelines[4], to avoid overlapping
bugfixing efforts.

Don't let the guidelines and Debian jargon scare you - we'll
help you getting started. Even arm hardware is no longer
strictly necessary[5].

Other issues: Arm debian-installer port is maintained by Martin
Michlmayr, who would appreceate help in that area. The java situation
on Arm is a mess. The most prominent bug 390966 [6] seems to be just
worked around by gcj maintainers, but the real cause and if it affects
other tools is not known..

[1] http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-week.png
[2] http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/architecture.php?a=arm
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/BSP/Munich200610