Re: apex-1.3.31 and sercomm flash header

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 11:06:51AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Rod Whitby <rod@whitby.id.au> [2006-07-22 17:10]:
> > > Rod, what do you folks use to take a binary blob and make it
> > > acceptable to Redboot for loading?  It looks like that's going to be
> > > the best way for me to upload a copy of APEX to the slug for testing.
> > Slugimage is the tool we use to create an 8MB upgrade image.  Then
>
> That re-write of slugimage so it can handle more FIS partitions than at
> the moment.  Is anyone interested in doing that or is that up to me? ;)

So, what exactly do you want it to be able to do?

What I'm thinking is that we should be a little more explicit about
what we're doing.

  1) We *must* put the second stage, whatever it is, at the same
     address in flash, 0x60000.
  2) We would like to be able to add a partition for the second stage
     loader, in this case APEX.

I can see that we need or may need the following:

  1) A new option, -L | --loader to add a second stage loader.
  2) Allow the ramdisk image to be moved in case slugimage requires it
     to be in a fixed location.  I don't see that this is the case,
     but I'm not sure.

Does this fit the bill?  Or is there something else you are looking to
do?