Re: APEX and Debian

* Marc Singer <elf@carmine.cac.washington.edu> [2006-07-19 14:30]:
> My goal is to make APEX a reasonable replacement for Redboot.  Once
> we have an ethernet driver, we can work out the upgrade details such
> that there is nothing that Redboot does that APEX cannot do as well
> or do better.

For the record, we'll probably never *replace* RedBoot because
flashing something over RedBoot has the potential to brick your
machine.  However, it's certainly a great goal to have networking and
other features in APEX so we can simply use RedBoot to load APEX and
then use the latter to do the real work.
Martin Michlmayr