Re: APEX and Debian

* Marc Singer <elf@carmine.cac.washington.edu> [2006-07-19 14:30]:
> My goal is to make APEX a reasonable replacement for Redboot.  Once
> we have an ethernet driver, we can work out the upgrade details such
> that there is nothing that Redboot does that APEX cannot do as well
> or do better.

For the record, we'll probably never *replace* RedBoot because
flashing something over RedBoot has the potential to brick your
machine.  However, it's certainly a great goal to have networking and
other features in APEX so we can simply use RedBoot to load APEX and
then use the latter to do the real work.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/