Re: APEX and Debian

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 09:09:00AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:
> Marc,
> If we can work out how to do an initramfs in OpenEmbedded, we would be only too happy to move SlugOS (OpenSlug) to that and have a common method of kernel module loading across all nslu2-linux firmware distributions (except Unslung, of course, which is fixed to a 2.4 based kernel for vendor binary compatibility).

Do you mean 'how can we use initramfs when Intel is being piggish
about their driver license?'

I wronte a shim that we can use to push ATAGS into a stock kernel.
I've also started building a debian package for apex so that we can
use it in armeb debian as a secondary boot loader.  Either of these
should be sufficient to enable an initramfs boot mode...unless Redboot
cannot load more than a 1M kernel from flash.

I'll keep you posted about using APEX as a second stage loader.  The
package is almost done.