Re: Need build for xulrunner

In message <[🔎] 20060625161339.GV15411@country.grep.be>
          Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 08:51:34AM -0700, Peter Naulls wrote:
> > In message <[🔎] 20060625143832.GH15411@country.grep.be>
> >           Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Debian does not do crosscompiling for packages.
> >
> > Really.  Perhaps you ought to try a more helpful repsonse.  I'll get you
> > started:
> >
> > "Debian packages are not cross compiled because ..."
>
> ... it is rather complex to set up, and nobody ever went through the
> trouble of making sure all the corner cases are accounted for.

That's not the point.  We're not asking for the entire Debian ARM
package collection to be cross built, only a couple of packages.  Making
it work for those should be straight forward.  I'm well aware it won't
address things like OO.org, since that can't be cross compiled at all
(at least, when I worked on it two years ago).

> > for cross compiling.  However, for cases like Mozilla and other large
> > ARM packages, there does rather seem to be a strong motivation to do so.
>
> You think I don't know? Hint: I'm involved with the m68k port.

Then you should be even more keen to address this for targetted
packages.  If things like xulrunner hold up much of the port, then that
should also be significant motivation.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/