Re: fityk package build hanging for many minutes

Hello again:

I did a few tests on a Pentium 4 1.8GHz machine with 512 of RAM. The compilation of the cmd.cpp module took about 2 minutes and used over 300MB of memory. Some other modules were up above 200MB. i double checked with the previous version of the package, 0.5.1, and discovered that it never required much over 100MB during compilation of any one module. It turns out that bewteen the two versions, the upstream author changed from a felx/bison command parser to a pure C++ one and this is the cmd.cpp module which is problematic.

I don't know how the arm and mipsel buildds will handle this kind of load with other processes going on too.

Carlo