Strange hanup on arm/leisner

I'm experiencing a strange connection hangup, maybe somebody could
explain what's happening - or develop a fix?

This is on leisner.debian.org in the sid chroot while configuring
locales:

Setting up locales (2.3.6-3) ...
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl/5.8/Term/Cap.pm line 119.
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
  en_GB.UTF-8...Hangup

Then the connection is dead.  The system is still responsive on a
different connection, but the current ssh connection is dead as a
doornail.

Any ideas?

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin