Re: nwutil status

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 13:49 -0500, Woody Suwalski wrote:
> Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> >> You'd think they would make it a percentage of total users ;)
> >
> > Indeed...

> >> Can somebody point me to the list of supposed bugs against nwutil?  How
> >> many are real bugs and how many are packaging issues?
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/nwutil
> > Most are of the form "needs updating", and all but one have patches; the
> > one without it is wishlist, "Please add logoread/logowrite".

> >> Well, there will always be the RPM package on netwinder.org which you
> >> can install via alien :)
> >
> > Yeah, but that's no fun. :-)
> >
> > -Adam
>
> I have today created nwutil-1.5 package with all the patches, wish
> lists, updates and bug fixes + mine own fixes and additions.
>
> Now how to upload it to the repository????

I take it then that you're not a Debian maintainer?  Then you can't be
the package maintainer, unless someone sponsors you to become a Debian
maintainer...

> Who may be able to accept anything if Phil and James are on the quiet
> side???
>
> Basically: is the Debian ARM section still administered by somebody or
> just a museum?

It's still pretty active, a lot of us use it and contribute bug reports,
fixes, etc.  The big endian contributions have been the most visible
form of this recently.

And there isn't an "ARM section" separate from the main repository, we
upload into, autobuild packages from/for, and download from the same
mirror system as the other arches.  Except armeb...

-Adam

http://www.take6.com/albums/greatesthits.html