Re: FP transition

In message <[🔎] 20050929180512.GA25783@kyllikki.org>
          Vincent Sanders <vince@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all, after a discussion on the #debian-arm IRC channell and talking
> with some other people it appears the age old issue of softfloat
> against hard float binary compatability has come up again.

I'm familiar with the issue of SF vs HF as are many of the people who've
been working on ARM for a long time.  But perhaps for the benefit of
those who aren't too familiar with why the change is needed and what
advnatanges it would bring, plus the interaction with big endian, can
someone do an outline of the issue?   I don't think I'm personally the
best person to prepare such a thing.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
Unix Programs on RISC OS               | http://www.riscos.info/unix/