Re: Any objections to armeb port posts on this list?

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 04:30:35AM -0400, smcdougall27@aol.com wrote:
> armeb? point us to more infos and we can give you our views

arm systems that prefer to run in big endian mode (which apparently a
number of router products do since intel's ethernet drivers are written
to run in big endian mode).

So since we have mips and mipsel (endian little) it seems reasonable to
call it arm and armeb (endian big).

I really hope they avoid the legacy arm (el) bad decisions while they
are at it (like avoid floating point emulation rather than softfloat and
such).  Unless there really WAS a good reason for doing that on the
netwinder.

Len Sorensen