Re: attempt at a big-endian debian ARM 'port'

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 10:47:24PM +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> I've been working on a big-endian debian ARM 'port' for some days now,
> and I'd like to share the result so far with you all.
>
> 	http://sukurys.wantstofly.org/

There is now a minimal (debootstrapped) debian armeb root filesystem
available at:
	http://sukurys.wantstofly.org/sarge-armeb.tar.gz

It has a proper sources.list preconfigured, so you can use apt to
install packages from the packages that have been built so far.

People out there with big-endian ARM hardware, please give this a try
and report on your experiences.  Even if you just unpack it and chroot
into it and get a bash prompt, I would love to hear about that.

Over the weekend I'll try to set up an automatic 'rebuild the entire
debian sarge package archive' system, and I guess we'll then just have
to wait a few weeks until everything builds.

cheers,
Lennert