Re: System time runs very slow on RiscPC

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Peter Teichmann wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 20. April 2005 19:48 schrieb David Joy:
I have just installed Debian on a StrongARM RiscPC and I have noticed that
the System Time seems to lose a second or more every minute. So after a
few hours it is hopelessly wrong.
[snip]
Is this a known problem? Is there anything I can do about it?

Could you have a look with hdparm if the unmaskirq flag is set for your
harddisk/cdrom? If not, this could be the cause because it might be that
timer interrupts are lost during disk transfers. You can try to set the flag
then and see if it helps.
[snip]

Thanks for the suggestion. unmaskirq wasn't set on the hard disk, but I have tried setting it to 1 and the clock still loses time, unfortunately.

On an entirely unrelated note, do you know if it is possible to get DMA working on a RiscPC?

David