Re: problem with X and keyboard

Am Freitag, 26. November 2004 08:14 schrieb Manenti Giovanni:
> It's an ARM-EP9312 from Cirrus Logic

For this system I do not have any experience. However, for others to help you
you should also supply information about the used kernel version and Debian
variant (stable/unstable), especially the X packages used.

I know about problems with X and the keyboard for Debian unstable on the Acorn
RiscPC if a 2.4 kernel is used. Symptoms are that console switching from X
via ctrl-alt-function key does not work, and some keys (including m) are not
working. These problems vanish if a 2.6 kernel is used. (Does anyone know
what is the reason?) So if you are using a 2.4 kernel, you could try 2.6 if
it is possible for your system.

However, you report that most of the time you are not able to start X and it
returns an error. Can you specify the error more precisely (output
to /var/log/XFree86.log).

Sometimes it starts. This behaviour can also be caused by general stability
problems of your system (memory timing, power supply) or a bug in a kernel
driver, possibly the framebuffer driver.

Peter Teichmann