Re: OpenOffice.org on arm

Hello,

Citeren Peter Naulls <peter@chocky.org>:

> In message <[🔎] 20040627180450.32caf4c3.harrymc@decisions-and-designs.com.au>
>           Harry <harrymc@decisions-and-designs.com.au> wrote:
>
> > This is an uninformed question but are there resources available to allow
> > you to cross compile the package or is it preferable to build packages
> > natively ? I'm interested because I've lurked for a while here and read
> > discussion about access to more resources to build packages.
>
> I've found no practical way to make this happen without significant
> effort.  Scratchbox isn't really up to the challenege (install all the
> needed tools in SB is hard enough), and direct cross compiling has
> plenty of issues of its own.  Someone else is welcome to attempt it of
> course.
>
> Building natively isn't that practical no, but it's the only option
> presently.

Wel you could try distcc on several of those arm boxes if you have more than
one. On the other hand I read on the arm-linux mailing list recently that if
setup correctly you can make Qemu execute arm binaries automatically. I don't
know if that is a solution, but if it works it is less hard than SB.

Regards,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be