Re: "xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O" again

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Philip Blundell wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:41, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> > triggered by the stat system-call... What is actually this 03000000,2?
> > Some address? I've seen some names like Tsunami on alpha...
>
> Yeah, it's the address of the ISA region.  "04000000,2" might be good
> enough to keep your pxa255 happy, perhaps.

Ok, thanks for the reply, but, unfortunately, it didn't help. I am still
getting the same kernel-Oops "Unhandled fault: external abort on linefetch
(0x406) at 0x401e80d0". I also tried specifying the physical address of
the PCI ISA region, it didn't help either.

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Peter Naulls wrote:

> ...this is one of about 10 similar changes that need to be made for
> ARM, and I have submitted to the BTS.  Wookey is working on some for
> 4.3, based upon those patches.

Thanks! I found the patches, if we fail to get it to work without a
recompilation, will try (the second one, I guess).

Thanks
Guennadi
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
DSA Daten- und Systemtechnik GmbH