Re: Debian-Installer beta 4 released for 9 architectures

Am Samstag, 1. Mai 2004 04:45 schrieb Darren Salt:
> Source  : D-I beta 4, .../installer-arm/current/images/riscpc/cdrom/
> Kernel  : 2.4.25-riscpc
> Initrd  : initrd.gz
> Hardware: Risc PC (issue 1)
>           ARM710
>           64MB RAM (single SIMM)
>           2MB VRAM
>           Simtec IDE card
>           i-cubed Etherlan 600
>
> Booted using linloader [1] from a small ADFS "partition" on an HD attached
> to the motherboard's IDE interface. Major surgery was involved in attaching
> it ;-)
>
> Partial display dump follows. 100% repeatable.
>
> Freeing init memory: 76K
> Internal error: unknown data aboret code: 8e8
> [...]

Your problem is probably the ARM710. Kernels later than 2.4.5-rmk4 do not
support ARM610 (and ARM710 I think) anymore. Read the thread "Linux on RiscPC
with Arm610" on the arm linux kernel mailing list, especially message
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2003-August/016671.html

Peter Teichmann