Re: How should the arm buildd maintainers be reached?

+++ Petter Reinholdtsen [04-03-18 11:49 +0100]:

> Is this the correct list to reach the arm buildd maintainers?  If it
> isn't, could someone please update
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/ports/arm/> with the correct list to use?

I believe it is still the right place, but I am not in a particularly good
position to know as I don't look after any buildds.

> The reason I ask is that I see requests to to the buildd maintainers,
> but I almost never see any replies.  This make me wounder if we are
> perhaps barking up the wrong tree.  Anyone know?

I had assumed that people got private replies, or buildds were silently
prodded, but my recent experience of silence in this regard makes me wonder
too...On the other hand maintainers would come back saying 'help, nothing
happened' more often if they were being entirely ignored, I presume.

My understanding is that James Troup is now primary arm buildd maintainer,
and of course he's a busy and terse man, so one wouldn't expect an abundance
of communication, but I too would appreciate seeing more mails saying 'done'
to the various requests, or at least confirmation that this is the right
place to request help.

Wookey