Applying Debian glibc patches on a non-Debian machine

Hi

I'm trying to cross compile glibc for ARM on my Slackware
x86 Linux box and I would like to use the patches from Debian's
diff.

Could anybody please tell me how how I can use the patches ?
I have looked at the debian/rules.d/dpatch.mk
and it would appear that I have to do this in order to replicate what
the Debian stuff does:
make -C glibc-2.3.2 -f debian/rules patch

However, because I do not have the Debian dpkg- utilities, I can't
do this.

Instead, what I have tried so far is:

tar zxf ../glibc_2.3.2.ds1.orig.tar.gz
cd glibc-2.3.2.ds1
/bin/sh prep.sh
zcat ../../glibc_2.3.2.ds1-11.diff.gz | patch -p1

# Delete non-ARM patches:
( cd debian/patches
  rm -rf *cvs* *sparc* *alpha* *s390* *mips* *hppa* *m68k* *?86* *powerpc*
)

DPATCHES="$( grep -v '^#' ../debian/patches/00list )"
for pf in ${DPATCHES}; do
    if [ -s debian/patches/${pf}.dpatch ]; then
       /bin/bash debian/patches/${pf}.dpatch -patch glibc-2.3.2
    fi
done

This causes various errors - mainly files not being found and so on.

I have also tried various other ways - just using patch against the
dpatch files themselves, but haven't had any more success.

I know that I'm doing it all wrong; does anybody know how to do it right?

Thanks.
--
Stuart Winter
www.interlude.org.uk & www.biscuit.org.uk