ARM-Linux guide lines

Hi all,

I am currently building a development platform for embedded arm-linux firmware
I write some generation / install scripts, I tune the kernel, trick some bootstrap sequences
to tailor to my own need, I add features to the ramdisk, as needed, that I download on package form
from various sources..
The goal is to provide an open source rtos + dev tools alternative, free of charge and license (except GPL!)
to the printer manufacturer industry

All this is some how "hand made" !

Is there some kind of methodology, guidelines to generate a consistent development platform on ARM/Linux?
Is there a common source?

I can share my own accomplishment if some one is interested

Olivier Delouya - Software Director - TAK'Asic