Re: Wesnoth failed in ARM (inactivity)

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:05:57PM +0100, Ralph Siemsen wrote:
> 500 minutes == 8 hours... surely the answer is not to increase the limit?
> Even glibc can be built faster that that!
>
> -R (not responsible for buildd's, just curious)

I wonder what 'inactivity' means to a buildd.

gcc-3.4 (3.4.1-7) took my 400Mhz arm 72 hours to build.

libc took 5 or 6 hours I think.

C++ code takes longer than C code by quite a bit, and java code (at
least when using gcj as it is now) takes much much longer.

Current arm machines are not the same speed as a cheap modern x86
machine.  Too bad cross compiling is such a pain to get to work properly
in general.

Len Sorensen