Re: [general] strange network problem after kernel upgrade

In message <20040114171148.GA761@gw.netwinder.org> you wrote:

<snip snip>

> What kind of connection are you using? DSL with ppp-over-ethernet? then
> check the MTU settings, you probably need to reduce.  Another
> possibility is you are behind a brain-damaged router which doesn't
> understand ECN - in that case you want to adjust
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn setting (echo 0 into it).

Thanks for the info!!!! The traffic has indeed been blocked by my
'brain-dead' ;-) router.

I finally solved the issue by adjusting my firewall rules to allow ECN
headers.

Stefan

Stefan Wuerthner                             web  http://wuerthner.dyndns.org