problem with kernel upgrade...

Hi,

I just managed to 'kill' my netwinder (Debian 3.0) by upgrading from 2.2.19
to 2.4.19 using apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.19-netwinder.

I thought that the glibc issue is solved in the meantime, but after the
reboot I'm just getting 'unsupported llseek call standard' error messages.

Fortunately I have a fully working (2.2.19) second netwinder.

How should I resolve this mess?

Is it possible to extract just System.map, config, vmlinuz and the kernel
modules from the 2.4.19 kernel image and put them manually on the broken
system disc? Or is there some more 'magic' necessary to recover it?

Is glibc 2.3 really necessary for 2.4.19 kernels?

What about tulip? Is it working 'out of the box' after the upgrade or do
I need to configure the new kernel somehow?

What is the recommended way at the moment to upgrade from 2.2.x to 2.4.x
using the precompiled kernels from debian.org?

Stefan

Stefan Wuerthner                             web  http://wuerthner.dyndns.org