Re: new kernel-images for Woody available

First, I can't resist a big "hurray": xmms-mad in unstable works beautifully on ARM! Now we just need a theora plugin for ogg vorbis...

Othmar Pasteka wrote:

Hi,

Short summary: please test the Woody kernel-image.debs at
http://www.tron.at/debian/arm/native/

Works great on my Netwinder, waveartist is in good shape, ipchains works, everything that worked before works now.

But would it be possible to have 16bpp framebuffer working too? When I "fbset -depth 16", it loads the fbcon-cfb16 module (cool, didn't know it did that), but it doesn't work, as with the current woody kernel.

There was a post to this list a good while ago from someone who got it working, but no details about how that happened...

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>