Re: Suggestions for how ARM Ltd could help Debian?

* Phil Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> [031217 03:57]:
> on Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 06:07:43PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
>
> > Faster build/test hardware (e.g. a couple of Iyonix boxes - 600Mhz Xscale
> > with Hard drives)? Would that help?
>
> Probably not quite as much as you might think.  We don't really
> have any shortage of autobuilder CPU time; the four existing
> machines are quite well able to keep up under normal circumstances.
> Debussy does sometimes get overloaded, but I don't think this is
> seriously impeding work on the port.

Hi,

There's also the ScratchBox that cross compiles transparently on x86 if more
CPU power is needed.

It only runs configure on a connected ARM machine. Scratchbox includes
cross compilers for arm-linux-gcc 2.95, 3.3, and arm-linux-clibc, so it's a
pretty big download. I've just used the cross compilers so far.

More information is at: http://www.scratchbox.org/

Regards,

Tony