Re: Jabber segfault Bug #142599

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 02:10:20PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > Glancing at the bug report (I assume you mean #142599) my guess would
> > be a pth issue and/or glibc issue.  SIGUSR1 is used by pth threading
> > and evidently the handler isn't getting installed properly.  Make sure
> > that for jabber pth-1.4.0 is used, no earlier and no later.  This
> > appears to be a requirement on x86 as well, as evidenced by countless
> > posts to the jabber devel lists.
>
> Yea, meant to include the bug number, but appear to have forgotten it,
> that's the right one.  The current Jabber packages (as of 1.4.2a-1)
> provide and build against their own copy of pth-1.4.0.

Hi, I think I was the one who reported this bug.

My netwinder still shows a segfault when it starts jabberd with
1.4.2a-1 installed. This may be an interaction with other libraries
installed:

ii  libc6                         2.3.1-17   GNU C Library
ii  libgcc1                       1:3.3-3    GCC support library
ii  libssl0.9.7                   0.9.7b-2   SSL shared libraries

but I'm not sure. Hm, libgcc1 is the only thing that needed to be
upgraded, and it didn't make a difference.

The segfault is as described in my message at the end of 1425999.

--
-><- Nick Rusnov
-><- http://nick.industrialmeats.com