Re: Install from harddisk on netwinder OS

--On Dienstag, 16. April 2002 10:45 -0400 Rod Stewart <stewart@lab43.org> wrote:

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Marcel Hicking wrote:

>> Guess I got the wrong image. But where would I find the correct one?
>> Or am I missled here completely? It looked quite nice this way...
>
> It might be easier to simply use the Woody install image, all you have
> to do is tftpboot it, and proceed.

What would I need? A RARP server? BOOTP? DHCP?
I just hoped I could go without having to learn
all about network booting. Sigh.

Someone was talking about updating the documentation for this.  Not
certain if it happend or where it is...  But, all you need is to run a
tfpt server for a short time.  Something along the the following lines in
the NeTTrom should work, going from memory:
	setenv eth0_config flash
	setenv eth0_ip <IP/n>
	setenv kernconfig tfpt
	setenv kerntftpserver <server IP>
There might be one other kern* option forget, should be fairly evident if
you need it.  Ignore the root* options they will not be used by the Debian
tftpboot image.

OK, that sounds easy enough ;-)
I'll work out the NeTTrom part, the docs should be clear
for this. Just wasn't sure about the server part.

Thx a lot again,
Marcel